Third Party Services and Resources
Practices at SCIDES
K-12 School of Record students at SCIDES are eligible to receive up to $600 in funds to support co-curricular activities.
SCIDES teachers work with parents and students to prioritize third-party resource and service requests within the $600 cap. Third party services assist students in meeting their curricular outcomes which cannot easily be met by our DL delivery.
Co-curricular funds may be used to support:
- Lessons from instructors that support course learning, for example: Tae Kwon Do, swimming, piano, riding, photography, etc.
- Printers, scanners, printer paper, ink supplies, laser printer cartridges - provided they are required for the student's courses. Please be aware that in most cases, on-line courses expect students to upload assignments virtually and do not require print.
- Other items that may be particular to a family or learning environment and that are a-typical needs.
Co-curricular funds may NOT be used to support:
- Items that support students with special needs in achieving the goals of their IEPs
- Post-secondary transition program courses
- Basic school supplies such as paper, writing tools, student planners, binders, computer storage media, etc.
SCIDES teachers will identify learning objectives to be met from the current curriculum when recommending third-party services. Parents/families will not be given money for this. Funds will be paid directly to the service provider.
Students must be currently active and engaged in courses/programs related to the co-curricular activity they are requesting in order to qualify for Third Party support. Funds will not be disbursed all at once for one activity. Instead, families are encouraged to seek a variety of opportunities that will enhance their child's learning over the course of the school year.