At South Central Interior Distance Education School (SCIDES), our mission to to provide personalized learning opportunities to all students in BC with a flexed paced approach. Our Vision is Success for ALL Learners ~ Today and Tomorrow. Our Motto is “Creating Connections in ALL Directions”.
Please call to make an appointment to talk with one of our advisors to see what kind of program we can personalize for your family.
Early Childhood Education 12 BAA
Vet Sciences 11
Marketing 11 & 12
Happy New Year! We hope that 2017 will bring you happiness, health, and inspiration. For this month’s blog post, we want to help you kick start your inspiration, with 31 journaling prompts. Write your heart out, then come back to read through it, and get inspired to take action.
Set a timer for 10 minutes, pick a prompt, and start writing unfiltered. Whatever comes to mind, write it down. Don’t’ worry about grammar or editing (yes, we said that), just get your thoughts onto paper. You’re only writing this for yourself, not for marking!
If you get into a habit of journaling, you’re in good company. Albert Einstein, Marie Curie, and Mark Twain regularly wrote in their journals. And journaling is not a thing of the past, people like Lady Gaga and Jennifer Aniston are avid note takers.
Journaling is a great way to clear the thoughts from your mind and make room for fresh ideas and inspiration. Are you ready?
1. When you were about 5 years old, what did you want to be when you grow up? How has that changed over the years and why?
2. What was your highlight of 2016?
3. What was your lowlight of 2016?
4. Imagine you’re an explorer, heading into uncharted territory. What would you discover?
5. What is your morning routine? Write it down in detail. Are there any surprises?
6. What’s the best book you ever read? Why is that?
7. What would you do with $ 1 million?
8. What is your favourite social media network? How do you connect with people there?
9. Come up with a very creative excuse for not doing your homework.
10. Imagine you’re an astronaut, floating in space. What goes through your head?
11. What is the favourite object in your room and why?
12. If you could be a character in a book you’ve read, who would you be and why?
13. Have you ever had a bad fight with your best friend? How did you resolve it?
14. If you could have dinner with anyone (dead or alive), who would it be and why? What would you eat?
15. What are your least favourite chores at home? How could you make them fun?
16. If you could name a star, who would you name it after and why?
17. What was your favourite toy as a child? Who gave it to you?
18. Where do you see yourself five years from now? Write in as much detail as possible.
19. Imagine you are stranded on a deserted island. How do you survive?
20. How would you describe a hero? Do you have a hero in your life? Are you a hero for someone?
21. What does a typical weekend look like for you?
22. Take a close look in the mirror and describe yourself in detail.
23. What scares you most and why?
24. Remember the last fight you had with a sibling, and tell it from their perspective.
25. What is the biggest adventure you dream of?
26. What makes you laugh and why?
27. Write a letter to someone who means a lot to you. What are you grateful for? What do you want them to know?
28. What are your goals for 2017 and what are you willing to do to achieve them?
29. Do you believe in luck or hard work? Maybe a combination of both? Elaborate!
30. What do you love most about yourself?
31. You’re a time traveller. Where do you go and what do you do?
Happy journaling! Creating a habit of journaling will not only be good for your creativity and inspiration, it also has proven scientific benefits for your mental wellness. According to a professor from the University of Texas at Austin, regular journaling strengthens your immune cells. Other positive effects are knowing yourself better, reduced stress, and an increased ability to solve problems.
Of course, you don’t have to use the prompts to journal and experience positive effects for yourself. Another option is to start a gratitude journal and write down three things you’re grateful for every day.
We hope 2017 will be a stellar year for you. The team at SCIDES is on your side, for all your educational needs. Connect with us via our website or on social media, we look forward to hearing from you!